When and how to do self breast examination?
- Every month: Before menopause: after period
(e.g 7th-10th day after period starts)/ Post menopause: same day every month)
- Look at your breasts in the mirror comparing the appearance with the arms on your hips, then raised above the head
- Feel your breasts using the finger tips together
1) in circles from the nipple outwards or
2) up and down in columns or
3) like a clock from e.g 1o clock positions to the nipple and so on.
- Feel your armpits for lumps